Thursday, October 28, 2010

My "BABY" is 4!!!

Well, it's finally happened...I've got all my kids in school, and next year, I'll have one in High School, one in Junior High, one in Elementary and one in Preschool! WOW! That will be so crazy! Odin LOVES going to Miss Tina's for preschool. It's fun because all of my kids have gone to her now. For the first month, Miss Tina would call Odin "Emmett", but I think she's doing better at calling him Odin now. She's a great, loving, fun teacher and a good friend too. We love her! Odin looks forward to preschool every day, and informs me that he only sits by Laynie, his cousin who also goes to preschool with him.
So, last month, Odin turned four and he's such a good boy! I love him so much and he is so sweet! I enjoy our time together every day when it's just him and me. I love that he lets me love him...I'm always hugging and kissing and cuddling him! He makes me laugh and he is so smart, and so mellow! I really appreciate him after the drama of his two big sisters! He knows all his letters, and sounds and can write his name (it's a short name!) and even recognizes and can read some words. He loves to play Starfall on the computer, and his favorite foods right now are: Chocolate milk (with Hershey's syrup...it's gotta be Hershey's), mandarin oranges, grapes, mac and cheese, hot dogs and tootsie rolls. On a good morning, he'll have a bowl of Lucky Charms and only eat the charms, (aka the marshmallows) with NO milk! That's the way he likes it. I've kept a few clothes from Emmett when he was this age, and there are toys that used to be Emmett's that are now Odin's and he LOVES anything that used to be Emmett's when he was little.
For Odin's birthday, we thought it would be fun to go for a ride on a train. Odin loves trains! So, we cheated just a bit and ended up riding to downtown Salt Lake City on Trax. He loved it! We had a lot of fun! We went to the LDS History museum and walked around a little bit. Jeremy was still recovering after tearing his Achilles tendon so he couldn't walk all that much. After we got home, the Slater side (minus the Gibbons, who we miss terribly!) came over to celebrate! Laurie, who has recently started decorating cakes, made Odin a Lightning McQueen cake! It was too cute! I felt awful when it was time to cut it! I didn't want to ruin it! We also celebrated cousin Ellie's birthday that night too! It was a fun day! Odin's next request is to ride the fast train....FrontRunner! We'll have to go do that one day soon!
The next day we celebrated with Grandma Susie and Grandma Fautin and later that night, Grandma and Grandpa Green, Derek and Eileen, Jeff and Heather, and Jon and Jill came over to party! Thanks everyone for coming to celebrate with us, and thanks for the fun gifts too!









2 comments:

  1. Oh, he's so cute! Happy Birthday Odin! Angie, e-mail me good_morgan2u@yahoo.com. We need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-Day Odie! SOOO old! I wish Lydie could go to Miss Tina's too and sit by Ode's and Laynie. Can't wait to come home for Christmas and talk to him-he's changed so much. Killer Cake! Seriously!
    Miss you guys. 44 DAYS and we're home!

    ReplyDelete